Review: Santa Slasher ‘All Through The House’
This Halloween season horror fans are getting a special treat with the October 4, 2016 release of the Santa slasher All Through The House. The 80’s style Santa slasher film was written and directed by Todd Nunes. Two weeks ago, we wrote about the All Through The House Giveaway from The Readmond Company for the first 100 iTunes pre-orders.
Based on the trailer, poster, and production stills, the film looked very promising especially for fans of indie slasher films. HorrornChill.com got a sneak peek of the film. All Through The House brings plenty of Christmas fear.
The Todd Nunes’ film stars scream queens Ashley Mary Nunes (Syfy’s Robot Combat League), Jessica Cameron (Truth or Dare), Jennifer Wenger (Tales of Halloween, Jimmy Kimmel Live), and Lito Velasco (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy). The special effects were created by Tommy Pietch of Syfy’s Face Off and Star Trek: Renegades.
The film is set during the Christmas season in a neighborhood where fifteen years earlier a five-year old Jamie Garrett mysteriously disappeared from her bedroom. Now, Rachel Kimmel has returned home from college to find her neighborhood struck again by a reign of terror. There is a Santa masked killer on the loose. Women are being slaughtered. Men are being castrated. Rachel and her friends find themselves being stalked by the Santa killer.
Overall, Todd Nunes did a great job with the film. I really liked the look and feel of the film. The normally cheerful Christmas decorations are turned into a nightmarish hell which is really visually pleasing for horror fans. All Through The House sets the standard for any indie film that seeks to join the Santa slasher horror subgenre.
There are three reasons that horror fans of 80’s style slasher films should watch All Through The House.
1) Masked Killer: The film has a creepy masked killer. I really liked the Santa mask they used in the film. It’s unique and very effective.
2) Lots of Killing: There is lots of killing. There are gory gruesome murders that move the plot along. And there is gory gruesome murders that entertain more than anything. But isn’t that the point of watching a slasher film? Good kills with solid fun special effects techniques instead of CGI fake kills.
3) Scream Queens: Sexy scream queens are a staple of the slasher genre. All Through The House delivers on that by casting Ashley Mary Nunes, Jessica Cameron, Johanna Rae, and more. Ashley Mary Nunes gives a great performance. She is both a talented actress and extremely beautiful which are the two characteristics needed for a horror scream queen.
All Through The House found success on the film festival circuit. The film received 20 awards and nominations including:
- Best Slasher (RIP Horror Film Festival)
- Audience Choice Award (RIP Horror Film Festival)
- Best Editing (RIP Horror Film Festival)
- Best Director (Hardcore Horror Fest)
- Best Actress – Jessica Cameron (Hardcore Horror Fest)
- Best Local Feature (SFindie’s “Another Hole in the Head” Film Festival)
- Best Supporting Actress – Melynda Kiring as Mrs. Garrett (GenreBlast Film Festival)
The bottom line is if you want a Santa slasher with a cool masked killer, sexy scream queens, and lots of death than you need to check out All Through The House.
You can learn more about All Through The House by connecting with them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/allthroughthehouseSLASHER
or on their official website www.allthroughthehousemovie.com